[horde] Authentication via IMAP backend and restriction of users

Mark D. Montgomery II techiem2 at techiem2.net
Sun Apr 13 21:19:39 UTC 2014

Quoting Florian Schmidt <florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com>:

> Hi,
>
> ok, I ve come up with a solution after a look at the permissions tab. I set
> up access to horde for individual users only. This seems to be ok for me.
> Now I have a different question: Is it possible to setup different IMAP
> servers to authenticate against? E.g. some user authenticate agains gmail
> where otehr users might authenticate against 1und1. This would easily allow
> freelancers to keep their emailadresses, but still providing them a common
> horde instance with all teh comfort of sharing information etc.

I do this to an extent via the hooks and such.
I have a couple domains tied to local users, and other domains hosted
virtually (postfixadmin is a wonderful thing), although I'm not using
separate servers to auth them (iirc my imap goes pam first for local
users then to mysql to auth virtual users).

--
Mark D. Montgomery II
http://www.techiem2.net