[horde] Authentication via IMAP backend and restriction of users

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Apr 14 18:10:52 UTC 2014

*Please* keep on the mailing list.  Quoting Florian Schmidt :  > On Sun,
Apr 13, 2014 at 11:03 PM, Michael M Slusarz wrote: > >> Quoting Florian
Schmidt : >> >>  ok, I ve come up with a solution after a look at the
permissions tab. I >>> set >>> up access to horde for individual users
only. This seems to be ok for me. >>> Now I have a different question: Is
it possible to setup different IMAP >>> servers to authenticate against?
E.g. some user authenticate agains gmail >>> where otehr users might
authenticate against 1und1. >>> >> >> The preauthenticate hook in IMP
allows you to select the mail server based >> on the username. >> >>
michael >> >> > But this selection is only valid for IMP and not for teh
authentication > backend in general . as far as I understand, isn't it? I
want to change the > IMAP backend used for user authentication for Horde in
general based on the > domain.  That's exactly what this does, if you are
using 'application' (with IMP) authentication for Horde.  michael