[horde] Which cacher to use?

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Apr 16 06:39:57 UTC 2014

Citeren Hanns Mattes <hanns at hannsmattes.de>:

> Hi,
>
> is there a recommended preferred cacher for horde? Given the choices
> in the horde
> configuration, I could use xcache, redis (hashtable) or mongodb
> (nosql). All of them seem to work fine on my machine, so the question
> is: Which one should I use?

Open door - the one that works best for you. If all of the ones
mentioned work fine, it is a matter of which one gives the best
performance under load on your system. This depends on many variables
(number of concurrent users, but also the hardware you're running it
on and other tasks it has to serve), so probably the only way to tell
is to try it out.

> Any recommendations?

Run each cache one for a week, gather statistics on performance and
then make an informed decision.