[horde] Horde_Imap_Client utf8 error?

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Mon Apr 28 10:35:36 UTC 2014

Hey

Is there a workaround for this:

QUERY FAILED: Table 'horde.horde_imap_client_message' doesn't exist SHOW
FIELDS FROM `horde_imap_client_message`

As I understand it. It is because my mysql database is in utf8.

Aparently the Table horde.horde_Imap_Client_message are using some sort of
UNIQUE key that can be longer than 1000 bytes in utf8 but not in latin1.

It hasn't been a problem up until my last pear update to version Groupware
5.1.4

This is a running production server.

Folowing message from Horde_db_migrate:

[  INFO  ] Migrating DB up.
[  INFO  ] Current Horde_Imap_Client schema version: 1
Migrating to HordeImapClientChangeColumnName (2)
== 2 HordeImapClientChangeColumnName: migrating
===============================
-- columns('horde_imap_client_data')
   -> 0.0106s
-- columns('horde_imap_client_message')
QUERY FAILED: Table 'horde.horde_imap_client_message' doesn't exist

SHOW FIELDS FROM `horde_imap_client_message`

------
Quoting "John H. Bennett III" <bennettj at thebennetthome.com> from date 23-2
2014:

> I think I've finally found the issue.  I was using UTF-8 as the charset
for mysql.  I found this bug,
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=4541.
> Changing to latin1 fixes things and the horde DB's get updated.
> Not sure when I changed to
> utf-8 unless that's the default, but my current horde 3 DB is using latin1
also, so for me I think It will fix all my issues, and
> allow me to begin upgrading without fear.

Quot stop
-----

Any solutions?

/erling