[horde] only INBOX on activesync client with hord 5.2 alpha

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 9 19:54:34 UTC 2014

Quoting Henning <Twilek at gmx.de>:

>> Your mailboxes shouldn't be living under INBOX.  If that is the case,
>> there is a misconfiguration somewhere (probably a namespace issue).
>>

> Mhhh... I have an Inbox entry in IMP which opens the inbox and a second one
> below "Folder options" which can be expanded to show the folders. The
> folders in Dovecot are all below INBOX looking something like
> ".INBOX.Folder1" etc. That was Dovecots default configuration.

No, this has never been Dovecot's default configuration (at least from
pristine sources).  Dovecot has always used the empty namespace for
personal mailboxes, not 'INBOX.'.  (i.e. mailboxes are stored as
.Folder1, .Folder2 instead of .INBOX.Folder1 and .INBOX.Folder2).

This looks suspiciously like a Maildir installation that has been
migrated from Courier or another server that uses 'INBOX.' as the
personal namespace.

michael