[horde] ActiveSync problem with contacts disappeared

Florian Schmidt florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com
Fri May 9 23:20:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, May 10, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Florian Schmidt <
florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 10:33 PM, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>wrote:
>

>> Quoting Florian Schmidt <florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com>:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>
>>> since about three days I noticed that my contacts on my iPhone, which I
>>> sync with Horde via ActiveSync (Horde_ActiveSync 2.14.1) disappeared.
>>> Before everything worked fine, now the following happens:
>>>

>> What changed since the last time it was working? I.e., did you upgrade
>> any packages? What packages?
>>

> I wasn't aware that I made any changes. I just du the regular Horde update
> via pear. The problem occured for the first time on Monday and persists
> since then. I can still successfully receive and send emails via ActiveSync
> and also sync tasks.
>
> At the end  of April i disabled $cfgSources['favourites'] in Turba
> backend.local.php as I was only in this case able to successfully sync the
> contacts via CardDav with the MAc Os contacts app. I have reverted this
> change, but still no contacts on my iPhone.
>

>>  - no contacts are anymore snyched to my iPhone.
>>> - if I create a new contact on my iPhone it is shown on the iPhone and
>>> synched to the server.
>>> - if I edit this contact on the server, then it is not any longer shown
>>> on
>>> my iPhone.
>>> - On the server in the address book (turba) the newly added contact via
>>> iPhone shows the following in teh "other" tab: *Created* Friday, 09. May
>>>
>>> 2014 21:34 by 0
>>> The old contacts correctly show Created ... by me
>>>
>>> Does anyone know if this is a bug? In the log files I do not see anything
>>> suspicious, the iPhone reuquests are allways answered with the http
>>> status
>>> 200 (ok/fulfilled)
>>>

>> This all works perfectly fine here.

Now I setup a global address book for testing purposes and I can search
this successfully from my phone via ActiveSync.
Are there any suggestions on how I can further debug this issue? I also
already looked at the turba and active sync tables in the database, but I
did not see any anomalies.