[horde] Doubling emails-problem in Outlook 2013

Patrick De Zordo patrick at spamreducer.eu
Fri May 16 13:59:14 UTC 2014

Yah, of course, see file attached.
It's 5.2.0-git and Horde_ActiveSync 2.14.2 from some days (I believe 2
or 3) ago.

To clarify:
ActiveSync protocol should work with this steps I suppose:
1) Client asks server to delete a message.
2) Client receives MoveItems response with a success code, along with
the UID of the new item in the destination folder.
3) Client deletes the original item from source folder.
4) On the next SYNC request, the client receives the ADD command for the
"new" item in the destination folder (trash in this case) and adds the
item to the folder.

But, OL is *not* following the standard in that way.
OL adds an additional step somewhere between 2) and 4) (not able do
debug this) where it is copying the message from local source to
destination, thus 2 messages..

Am I right with this ideas?

Could it be possible (theoretical) to make some "if" or "case"
instruction into the code to check if it is an OL client
and in case to omit the ADD command for the "new" item in the
destination folder?
The UID would not change in Outlook (so OL would have the old UID and
the IMAP-Horde backend would have a new UID);
but it should not matter since Outlook "think" the self copied message
is the moved message?

Do you think this could cause any trouble in sync process?