[horde] Doubling emails-problem in Outlook 2013

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue May 20 15:57:28 UTC 2014

Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

> Am 20.05.2014 17:00, schrieb Patrick De Zordo:
>>
>> Am 20.05.2014 16:00, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>> WTF? This worked for me perfectly for about an hour yesterday, and
>>> now it only works sporadically. The log shows the same WBXML being
>>> sent (we add the new email to the destination folder and delete
>>> the email from the source folder). If this isn't happening in a
>>> deterministic way, there is REALLY nothing we can do. A search on
>>> Google reveals that this IS a known issue in OL, so I'm going to
>>> have to say "not our problem" at this point.
>>
>> Me too, so I was sure this is perfekt! But..god.. this are the
>> badest news for this week.
>>

> Mike, have you any connections to www.smartertools.com?

No, but I follow their discussions.

> They "say" in the following relese note:
> http://www.smartertools.com/smartermail/releasenotes/v11.aspx
>
> "FIXED: ActiveSync: Moving or Deleting messages in Outlook 2013 via
> ActiveSync will no longer duplicate messages in the destination
> folder."
>
> What do you think about it?

Yeah, well so does Horde's changelog ;)

Seriously though, they are a for-profit company with a proprietary
software product. They DO offer a free edition of their server
software, so I *MIGHT* be able to install it and sniff the
conversation to see what the difference is when I have the time.

--
mike
The Horde Project