[horde] ActiveSync 'from' address

Tim ODriscoll tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk
Thu May 22 10:52:24 UTC 2014

Dear List,

I'm running Horde Webmail 5.1.4 with ActiveSync protocol EAS14.0 with
LDAP for authentication.

When I create a new email (or reply to an existing one) from an
Android device, the from address appears like so:
tim.odriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>

When I create a new email on an iOS device the from address is:
<tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>

What I'd like it to look like (and what it already does look like in
the webmail interface):
Tim ODriscoll <tim.odriscoll at lambrookschool.co.uk>

Where does ActiveSync get the 'from' address from? Is it a turba
mapping I'm missing? I see no settings for the 'from' address on my
Android device or my iOS device..

My LDAP displayName and cn are both 'Tim ODriscoll'.

Has anyone solved this problem before?

Tim