[horde] Memcache issue

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri May 23 17:34:18 UTC 2014

Quoting Patrick De Zordo <patrick at spamreducer.eu>:

>> I had the same isue after an update for some time ago.
>> I newer got memcache to work satisfying with Hashtables.
>> I don't know why, because since I read that Horde perhaps would depricate
>> Memcache.
>> I choose to find an other cache handler.
>> After some research I chose APC. I know some is using Xcache too.
>> I have been satisfied with APC since...
>
> Agree with this,
> using APC an OpCache (on Ubuntu APCu and OpCache) does a very good job!
> Caching rate is up to 98%(!!).

You are confusing things here.

APC and OpCache have nothing to do with Horde caching.  They are
PHP-level op caches.

APCu is a user cache, but it is a *shared* user cache, which isn't
useful for application-level caching (since it will quickly be filled
with data if used that way).  IIRC, it is not used by anything in
Horde other than the autoloader cache.

Memcache is used for Horde application data caching.  This is at a
per-user level.

michael