[horde] [kronolith] Errors after upgrade to pecl_http 2 / Horde_Http 2.1.1

Jens-U. Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Tue May 27 22:17:19 UTC 2014

Hi Simon & all,

Zitat von Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:
> ----- Message from "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag> ---------
> [...]
>> What bothers me is: I've installed (over and over again)
>> pecl_http-2.0.6.tar, and looking at it's source code, I can see
>> that these constants are to be registered:
>>
>> --- cut here ---
>> # grep -r AUTH_ANY pecl_http-2.0.6/
>> pecl_http-2.0.6/php_http_client_curl.c:
>> REGISTER_NS_LONG_CONSTANT("http\\Client\\Curl", "AUTH_ANY",
>> CURLAUTH_ANY, CONST_CS|CONST_PERSISTENT);
>> --- cut here ---
>>
>> But checking the freshly generated http.so file, I see no trace of
>> those constants:
>>
>> --- cut here ---
>> # grep AUTH_ /usr/lib64/php5/extensions/http.so
>> #
>> --- cut here ---
>>
>> It is as if the file didn't get compiled or the macro
>> "REGISTER_NS_LONG_CONSTANT()" acted as a noop?!? The build log of
>> the PECL package shows no hint that anything went wrong:
> [...]
> At least it's not just me lol...

nope, and that's what I wanted to let you know - I know that feeling
of loneliness too well :D

> Jens, you look to have a far sounder understanding of this than me
> :) Are you going to take this up with the package maintainers?

Not before someone who knows this works for them will confirm that the
symbols are in fact included in their http.so module.

While I can look back on 30+ years of software development experience,
I still find many new and interesting subjects every day. PHP is
amongst those that are rather new to me, but not as interesting as to
justify spending days on learning how pecl modules are to be built
properly ;) So all I'm willing to offer is sending a qualified report
to the maintainer, which is based on a confirmation that I should
actually see those constants via "grep" - else I'll make a fool of
myself and waste the precious time of the maintainer...

Jan, could you jump in with a result of that grep from a functional machine?

Regards,
Jens