[horde] "Error: User is not authorized for imp" with PHP 5.6 ... another update

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Fri Jun 13 02:40:09 UTC 2014

On 06/12/2014 05:31 PM, Ernie Dunbar wrote:
> Ugh. Sorry to be a pest, but this appears to only work in Google Chrome.
> Other browsers I've tried (namely, Firefox on my Ubuntu machine and IE
> 11 on Windows 8) don't work. IE 11 won't let me log in at all, and in
> Firefox on my Ubuntu box, I'm able to log in, but when I try to open
> Imp, I see the Imp application screen, but I get an error message
> 'Handler for action "dynamicinit" does not exist.' at the bottom, with
> no messages displayed. Chrome works fine whether I use it from Ubuntu or
> Windows 8.
>

> Links:
> ------
> [1]http://www.php.net/manual/en/migration56.incompatible.php

Ernie, based on the error, 'Handler for action "dynamicinit" does not
exist.', I would look at your web server config.  It sounds like your
web server is looking for a file to handle a "dynamic" request (ie,
ajax) and can not find one.

Your config is probably different from ours, but our apache config has
this line which tells the server when to act as a "proxy" and what file
to call and how to pass the data when it sees an "ajax" or dynamic request.

ProxyPassMatch ^/(.*\.php(/.*)?)$ fcgi://127.0.0.1:9000/usr/share/horde/$1

The exact content of this line will likely be different for you unless
you are using Apache 2.4.x and your PHP and web server are communicating
via a TCP socket (on port 9000 in this case).

Good luck.

--
Andy Dorman