[horde] Horde Migration

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Jun 24 06:31:12 UTC 2014

On Mon, 23 Jun 2014, Simon B wrote:
> On 23 Jun 2014 16:22, "spamok30 spamok30" <spamok30 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I can take the whole database, but will it be compatible with the new
> horde version ?
>
> There are db migration scripts you will have to run, either from the
> command line or the GUI but yes, it should work.

I used horde-db-migrate from command line to migrate from H3 -> H5
without much problems. The webmail-install script will do similiar.
If you change particular tables, e.g. switch from SQL to SQL
NextGeneration or from prefs datatree to SQL, you'll need run that
specific migration script afterwards.

> I recommend testing before you do a live migration.

Yeah! In fact, I was particularily amazed how easy the upgrade was
besides some SQL hassle, but my H3 installation was pretty old.

--
Steffen