[horde] BUG? ActiveSync Problems

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jun 27 14:50:00 UTC 2014

Quoting Stefan Johänntgen <Stefan at nicolejo.de>:

> Am 27.06.2014 15:15, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>> Am 26.06.2014 17:28, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>> Am 26.06.2014 17:13, schrieb Stefan Johänntgen:
>>>> Am 26.06.2014 16:44, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 15:16, schrieb Stefan Johänntgen:
>>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 13:22, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>>>> Am 09.05.2014 15:01, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>>>>> - Contacts syncing never completes (Sync-Indicator on the phone),
>>>>>>>> in the
>>>>>>>> logs I see the following errors:
>>>>>>>> 2014-05-09T14:51:01+02:00 ERR: Invalid address book:
>>>>>>>> wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1
>>>>>>>> 2014-05-09T14:51:01+02:00 ERR: [26576] Change message failed when
>>>>>>>> updating
>>>>>>>> After reconnecting the device in Horde Configuration it works again
>>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>>> a few days and then problems occur again. Horde Webmail is uptodate.
>>>>>>>> What could be wrong with my configuration?
>>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>> syncing of calendar now seems to work over a longer period of time,
>>>>>>> but I have still the same problem with syncing my (default)
>>>>>>> adressbook.
>>>>>>> The problem occurs when I add one simple new adressbook entry on my
>>>>>>> phone after initial configuration of activesync on the phone.
>>>>>>> Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
>>>>>>> Best Regards,
>>>>>>> Anton
>>>>>> the same here. Yesterday I found the solution!
>>>>>> Check in your database table horde_prefs.
>>>>>> There is an entry:
>>>>>> username   | turba |  default_dir  |  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>>> There the wrong address is entered in pref_value!
>>>>>> I have edited the entry to the correct address and now it works! (
>>>>>> and i
>>>>>> create a new ActivSync Account in my phone)
>>>>>> Perhaps it is even if you delete the row and then horde these new sets.
>>>>>> (Horde> Address Book Settings> Sync Settings)
>>>>>> The Probelm is probably caused by uppercase and lowercase characters in
>>>>>> the username.
>>>>>> Horde does not write the correct value into the table! Maybe because in
>>>>>> my table instead of "username" that is was "Username"
>>>>>> I wonder if it is also in your neck
>>>>> I just checked horde_prefs: the pref_uid was indeed uppercase
>>>>> User at domain.de, all other prefs uids are lower case. I changed it to
>>>>> lower case. The pref value itself is correct: wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1.
>>>>> I then completly removed the device from horde and the activesync
>>>>> account from the device.
>>>>> Unfortunatly it didn't help. Inital sync works. Adding one addressbook
>>>>> entry leads to never ending sync (and draining the battery) and the
>>>>> same errors in the log.
>>>>> I'm using "protocol version: 14.0, Using Horde_ActiveSync v2.16.7"
>>>>> Syncing already worked with older Horde_ActiveSync versions. Thanks
>>>>> for any further help!
>>>> oh shame-I would have been happy!
>>>> and the directory wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1 is also in the table
>>>> turba_sharesng?
>>>> And remove the device attempts in the Horde ActiveSync Device Overview
>>>> (https://............../horde/admin/activesync.php)
>>>> For me it was definitely the cause! The address 6hYe2Xv-xEgBS688LdRXLw8
>>>> stood in the horde_prefs and indeed it was 71V4RUA0CuRP5iJMLP6HkEA. And
>>>> horde could not put! I've corrected it by hand, and only then it worked.
>>> Just to be sure: You mean "turba_sharesng.share_name" has to be the same
>>> value as turba default_dir in horde_prefs?
>> I replaced turba default_dir in horde_prefs  
>> (wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1) with the value in  
>> turba_sharesng.share_name (45aa6ef93bdb024d71e116b0ec8b96a9) and it  
>> works now! Thanks!

For some reason, your preference did not reflect your default  
directory. There is a preference for that and saving that preference  
would do the same thing that you did manually. No idea why your pref  
got out of sync though, I don't see this.

The Horde Project
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/pkcs7-signature
Size: 5869 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Signature
URL: <http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/attachments/20140627/a8d7b996/attachment.bin>

More information about the horde mailing list