[horde] [SOLVED] ActiveSync Problems, ERR invalid adressbook

Stefan Johänntgen Stefan at nicolejo.de
Fri Jun 27 20:29:42 UTC 2014

  Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:
>> Am 27.06.2014 16:50, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
>>> Quoting Stefan Johänntgen <Stefan at nicolejo.de>:
>>>> Am 27.06.2014 15:15, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 17:28, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 17:13, schrieb Stefan Johänntgen:
>>>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 16:44, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 15:16, schrieb Stefan Johänntgen:
>>>>>>>>> Am 26.06.2014 13:22, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>>>>>>> Am 09.05.2014 15:01, schrieb Anton Köstlbacher:
>>>>>>>>>>> - Contacts syncing never completes (Sync-Indicator on the
>>>>>>>>>>> phone),
>>>>>>>>>>> in the
>>>>>>>>>>> logs I see the following errors:
>>>>>>>>>>> 2014-05-09T14:51:01+02:00 ERR: Invalid address book:
>>>>>>>>>>> wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1
>>>>>>>>>>> 2014-05-09T14:51:01+02:00 ERR: [26576] Change message failed
>>>>>>>>>>> when
>>>>>>>>>>> updating
>>>>>>>>>>> After reconnecting the device in Horde Configuration it works
>>>>>>>>>>> again
>>>>>>>>>>> for
>>>>>>>>>>> a few days and then problems occur again. Horde Webmail is
>>>>>>>>>>> uptodate.
>>>>>>>>>>> What could be wrong with my configuration?
>>>>>>>>>> Hi all,
>>>>>>>>>> syncing of calendar now seems to work over a longer period of
>>>>>>>>>> time,
>>>>>>>>>> but I have still the same problem with syncing my (default)
>>>>>>>>>> adressbook.
>>>>>>>>>> The problem occurs when I add one simple new adressbook entry
>>>>>>>>>> on my
>>>>>>>>>> phone after initial configuration of activesync on the phone.
>>>>>>>>>> Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
>>>>>>>>>> Best Regards,
>>>>>>>>>> Anton
>>>>>>>>> the same here. Yesterday I found the solution!
>>>>>>>>> Check in your database table horde_prefs.
>>>>>>>>> There is an entry:
>>>>>>>>> username   | turba |  default_dir  |  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>>>>>>> There the wrong address is entered in pref_value!
>>>>>>>>> I have edited the entry to the correct address and now it works!
>>>>>>>>> and i
>>>>>>>>> create a new ActivSync Account in my phone)
>>>>>>>>> Perhaps it is even if you delete the row and then horde these new
>>>>>>>>> sets.
>>>>>>>>> (Horde> Address Book Settings> Sync Settings)
>>>>>>>>> The Probelm is probably caused by uppercase and lowercase
>>>>>>>>> characters in
>>>>>>>>> the username.
>>>>>>>>> Horde does not write the correct value into the table! Maybe
>>>>>>>>> because in
>>>>>>>>> my table instead of "username" that is was "Username"
>>>>>>>>> I wonder if it is also in your neck
>>>>>>>> I just checked horde_prefs: the pref_uid was indeed uppercase
>>>>>>>> User at domain.de, all other prefs uids are lower case. I changed it
>>>>>>>> to
>>>>>>>> lower case. The pref value itself is correct:
>>>>>>>> wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1.
>>>>>>>> I then completly removed the device from horde and the activesync
>>>>>>>> account from the device.
>>>>>>>> Unfortunatly it didn't help. Inital sync works. Adding one
>>>>>>>> addressbook
>>>>>>>> entry leads to never ending sync (and draining the battery) and
>>>>>>>> same errors in the log.
>>>>>>>> I'm using "protocol version: 14.0, Using Horde_ActiveSync v2.16.7"
>>>>>>>> Syncing already worked with older Horde_ActiveSync versions.
>>>>>>>> for any further help!
>>>>>>> oh shame-I would have been happy!
>>>>>>> and the directory wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1 is also in the table
>>>>>>> turba_sharesng?
>>>>>>> And remove the device attempts in the Horde ActiveSync Device
>>>>>>> Overview
>>>>>>> (https://............../horde/admin/activesync.php)
>>>>>>> For me it was definitely the cause! The address
>>>>>>> 6hYe2Xv-xEgBS688LdRXLw8
>>>>>>> stood in the horde_prefs and indeed it was 71V4RUA0CuRP5iJMLP6HkEA.
>>>>>>> And
>>>>>>> horde could not put! I've corrected it by hand, and only then it
>>>>>>> worked.
>>>>>> Just to be sure: You mean "turba_sharesng.share_name" has to be the
>>>>>> same
>>>>>> value as turba default_dir in horde_prefs?
>>>>> I replaced turba default_dir in horde_prefs (wia_1mefmoHzIwZqH4C0nA1)
>>>>> with the value in turba_sharesng.share_name
>>>>> (45aa6ef93bdb024d71e116b0ec8b96a9) and it works now! Thanks!
>>> For some reason, your preference did not reflect your default
>>> There is a preference for that and saving that preference would do the
>>> same thing that you did manually. No idea why your pref got out of sync
>>> though, I don't see this.
>> Where can I find that pref in the ui? Thanks!
> Prefs->Addressbooks (Turba)->address books.
>> BTW in my case I'm suspecting a problem I had with caseinsensitive auth
>> backend (fixed with hook), which lead to uppercase username in the
>> database and perhaps after that the default directory could not be
>> updated.
> Possibly.

Absolutly! It is in my opinion a casesensitive-caseinsensitiv problem of
the username in the database. The default_dir in horde_prefs is not
Many users do not find the problem and can not ActiceSync use. I think it
needs to be corrected by Horde.
In summary:
Username = user-a
user-a login, but as "User A"
In the db now User-A is default_dir abcdefghijk
Later, user-a always will log in as "user-a".
But horde never changes the default_dir, and that is for "user-a" unequal

More information about the horde mailing list