[horde] Installation is a nightmare on Centos 6.5, please help.

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Mon Jul 7 19:38:21 UTC 2014

I'm trying to get horde and imp installed on a Centos 6.5 64 bit
machine. I've been all over the internet attempting to get something
installed, with no results.

I've tried both the generic installation and the groupware webmail
installation, and never get anything written into the specified
directory. There is a lot of things that seem to be out of date, to
which I've tried to get working. I've run through the entire set of
commands without failure as a result, and still nothing is written into
my web directory.

I've installed php-pear, php-pear-db.
I then did:

pear channel-discover pear.horde.org
pear install horde/horde_role
pear run-scripts horde/horde_role

These all seem fine. Then I run the following:

pear install -a -B horde/webmail

I've tried without both options, and with only -a, but there always
seems to be a problem of necessary modules being outdated or something
to that affect, even though I get no error as a final result.

Nothing is ever written to my directories (/var/www/html/horde,
/var/www/html/horde/imp, or /var/www/html/webmail) I've tried quite a few.

So now, how do I wipe all the problems and who has successfully
installed horde with imp on a Centos 6.5 box. I sure could use some
help. It seems to be either a complete success or complete failure for
most people.

steve campbell