[horde] LDAP configuration checklist?

김 덕곤 dgkim at dgkim.net
Tue Jul 8 07:56:38 UTC 2014

I have 2 installations of horde.

Both uses LDAP as authentication backend and addressbook.

One have a problem with 'Administration -> Users'
doesn't show user list.
only one id(mine, administrator) is shown.
The other one is working correctly.

I checked conf.php, there seems no difference but domain name.

LDAP structure is as follows.

user : uid=loginname,ou=Users,dc=blabla,dc=blabla
group : cn=groupname,ou=Groups,dc=blabla,dc=blabla
addressbook : cn=contactsome,cn=sharedbook,ou=Addressbook,d=blabla,dc=blabla

user
objectClass: inerOrgPerson + ...
uid: loginname
userPassword: ...

group
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
uniqueMember: uid=loginname,ou=Users,dc=blabla,dc=blabla

addressbook
objectClass: inerOrgPerson + ...
cn: contactsome

'Users' thing is confusing. (configuration of LDAP? Authentication?)
but 'Groups' thing is rather clear.

And option $conf[ldap][bindas]
I want explanations for several scenarios.
(User list is prohibited or not. Address book can be read by
authenticated user. etc...)