[horde] webmail-install not being created

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Wed Jul 9 20:13:05 UTC 2014

On 7/9/2014 3:38 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:

>>> You probably are looking for '/usr/bin/webmail-install' from
>>> 'horde/webmail'. If you don't see that, you'll need to run
>>>
>>>    pear install -f horde/webmail
>>>
>>> to force (re)install the package.
>>>

>> I've been beating this up for the last two days, and until this
>> afternoon, /usr/bin/webmail-install has been created. This afternoon,
>> I started seeing  things like:
>>
>> horde/imp requires package "horde/Horde_Vfs" (version >= 2.0.0,
>> version <= 3.0.0alpha1, excluded versions: 3.0.0alpha1)
>>
>> when I run "pear install -a -B horde/webmail"
>>
>> I'm wondering if new versions are being made available but aren't
>> compatible.
>
> No. But there are more errors in your logs why Horde_Vfs cannot be
> installed.

I've struggled with this for the last two day, uninstalling, installing,
etc. I've finally got things working actually for now.

I had to use the help of Arjen to finally get things done. He suggested
using the -f flag to force things to install. Not the best way when you
have to force things, but using "-f --alldeps -B" for flags got it done.
I'm not sure why things installed so nicely originally, but by midday
today, things were failing right off the bat.

Now I'm in no way one who knows my way around this stuff. The more I
worked it over today, the worse it got. Currently, I'm only getting an
httpd error when I run the test.php page that says "PHP Fatal error:
Class name must be a valid object or a string in
/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Test.php on line 157" and test connectivity.
The thing is, it does connect to the remote server properly, but then
throws this error and the page stops. And Imp itself runs as it's
supposed, connecting to my three domains properly and passing on data to
Perdition.

So for now, thanks for all the help. Hope I wasn't too much of a noisemaker.

steve