[horde] turba separate LDAP write and read servers ?

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Jul 10 19:53:47 UTC 2014

We are transitioning from an ancient Horde/Imp/Turba set up to the
latest debian release (turba 4.2-beta1 currently on our dev server).

We use OpenLDAP for authentication and the turba address book.  Our
OpenLDAP is set up as a master-slave cluster with a local slave on each
web server and only the master accepting writes.

Our old turba setup used the "write_server" setting to split reads to
the local read-only slave server and send writes to the master.  This
has worked well for several years resulting in lightning fast
address-book searches in the email compose window.

I have just noticed that the latest turba backends.php does not mention
a write_server setting and I have not found anything in the UPGRADING,
LDAP, or INSTALL docs that mention it.

So is it no longer possible to use a separate write_server for Turba?

If this feature has been lost over time, we might be interested in
paying a developer to add it for the community if it would not be too
difficult.

Thanks for all your excellent work on Horde!

--
Andy Dorman