[horde] Help with all of this

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Thu Jul 10 21:37:57 UTC 2014

  Citat af Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:

> On 7/9/2014 4:58 PM, Erling Preben Hansen wrote:
>> Citat af Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>:

>> all

>>> I have a user configured in horde/config/conf.php
>>> I don't see hordeauth set to 'true' anywhere in backend.php. I've yet
>>> create any local files.
>>>
>>> I actually think Imp might be working, I just need to figure out how to
>>> add a dropdown for domains (that point to various imap servers) on the
>>> login screen. In the old version, there was a file named servers.php
>>> under the config directory of imp. I might be able to use the contents
>>> of that file.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure I need to configure anything on the web site.
>>>
>>> steve
>>> --
>>
>> you need to make that backend.local.php
>>
>> and you need to read upgrading info.
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/imp/docs/UPGRADING
>> /erling
>
> The list only goes back to IMP 4.0, and I'm running IMP 3.2.1.
>
> Looks like I've got a lot of reading to do.
>
> Thanks for all the help.
>
> steve

Hey
I understand that you upgrade from a very old one.
In that case, I think it will be best for you.
To put most of what you are used to in the background and start all over.

To configure all normal thing in Horde it is best to use the web interface.
You avoid typos and you get a small explanation of most config options.
So the first thing is to get the login working to get to admin page.
check If your webserver has the needed rewrite rules and /or access to
.htaccess.
and your filepermissions is in order.
Check logs for errors.
fix those errors, there is, often a google search will get you a long way.
I know this is time consuming.
Hordes wiki has many answers mail list arkive to. But goolge will often
find those faster than a manuel search.
There is only one way....

For some of os to helpyou better it would be nice to know....
are you using imp to authenticate users or do you use a seperat database.
what webserver are you using what is working and what is not.

/erling