[horde] JS is damaging links after some time (Was: After update: Handler for imp does not exist)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Mon Jul 14 20:36:54 UTC 2014

Quoting Florian Brandner <florian at brandner.net>:

> Hi!
>
>> Disable JS/HTML caching and see if this solves the problem.
>>
>> I saw similar behaviour in other frameworks were one client tries
>> incorrect link, which gets cached and then that link is served to
>> all other clients.
>
> All sorts of caching is already disabled. The links are modified after
> some time with no activity in the client itself, NOT at the server. So
> it is not a caching issue. A Javascript seems to rewrite the links
> after some time.
>
> I can now reproduce the error ever time with these steps:
>
> 1. Load the horde portal
> 2. Directly after loading it, the link to webmail in the top menu is
> "<mypage>/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox" as shown in the inspector of
> firefox. Dont click it!
> 3. Wait for roughly 5 minutes without doing anything in that instance
> of firefox.
> 4. After that time, the link to webmail changed to the invalid url
> "<mypage>/services/ajax.php/horde/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox"

Can't reproduce.

I see the AJAX requests for the topbar updates.  But the URL is fine
in the JSON response:

/*-secure-{"response":{"nodes":{"imp":{"label":"Mail","expanded":false,"icon":"\/horde\/imp\/themes\/default\/graphics\/imp.png","class":"horde-point-center","noarrow":false,"url":"\/horde\/imp\/dynamic.php?page=mailbox","active":false,"children":["ingo","impcompose","impsearch"],"indent":0}[...]

As can be seen, the URL is "/horde/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox".

The only thing I can think of is that you have defined 'onclick'
actions for your menu, which would override these URLs.  Which is
obviously a local configuration issue, not a Horde problem.

michael