[horde] Fwd: Mobile mode problem

André Schild a.schild at aarboard.ch
Sat Jul 19 19:49:27 UTC 2014

> Von: horde-bounces at lists.horde.org [mailto:horde-bounces at lists.horde.org]
> Im Auftrag von Michael M Slusarz
> Quoting André Schild <a.schild at aarboard.ch>:

> >> ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS.

> >> For anybody using PHP 5.3.3 - you simply can't use a PHP that
> >> old/buggy/unsupported.  That's most likely the issue here.
> >>
> > http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/INSTALL#prerequisites
> >
> > This shows PHP 5.3.0 as minimal requirement.
> > 5.3.3 is still the current version of debian squeeze (Which has LTS
> > support)
>
> *Sigh*.  Please check the archives.
>
> Horde is compatible with the PHP 5.3.0 *API*.  But bugs in PHP occur, and the
> correct way to fix them is to update PHP when a new version comes out.

Being a SW developer myself I find this definition of compatibility "strange"
At least the test.php script could put a warning in such cases,
Otherwise such a script is not very usefull

So what is the minimal php version where I can expect the current
Horde/imp combination to perform as intended?

> > My server is scheduled for a upgrade to debian wheezy in the next
> > weeks, but until then, what can I do?
>
> You're out of luck.  PHP 5.3.3 has known buggy behavior.  Upgrade to a newer
> version or accept the fact that certain features may not work correctly.

Ok, so I know what to do next...

Thanks for your good work on the horde project,
It's quite impressive how features have evolved over the last years.

André