[horde] Error searching imp folders

Hiromi Kimura hiromi at tac.tsukuba.ac.jp
Wed Jul 23 13:08:36 UTC 2014

From: Andre Luiz Paiz <andre.paiz at iqm.unicamp.br>
Subject: Re: [horde] Error searching imp folders
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 09:43:05 -0300

>  Quoting horde-request at lists.horde.org:
>
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 12:28:55 -0500
>> From: Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>
>> To: horde at lists.horde.org
>> Subject: Re: [horde] Error searching imp folders
>>
>> On 07/22/2014 11:30 AM, Andre Luiz Paiz wrote:
>>> Dear Horde Team,
>>> After upgrading to version 5.2, users are experiencing problems
>>> performing
>>> searchs inside imp mailboxes.
>>> The error in the log file displays the following:
>>>
>>> WARN: HORDE [imp] [search] Could not open mailbox "impsearchvinbox".
> [pid
>>> 32115 on line 732 of "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
>>>
>>> or
>>>
>>> WARN: HORDE [imp] [search] Could not open mailbox "impsearch".
>>>
>>> My CentOS server has the php-5.5.14-2.el6.remi.x86_64 package
>>> installed
>>> and
>>> this error started after 5.2 upgrade from 5.1.4.
>>>
>>> I appreciate if you can help me.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>   Atenciosamente
>>>
>>> /Andr? Luiz Paiz/
>>> /Analista de Redes/
>>> /Instituto de Qu?mica ? Unicamp/
>>> /andre.paiz at iqm.unicamp.br/
>>> /Telefone: (19)3521-0197/
>>
>> We just updated our dev server to Horde 5.2/imp 6.2 running with PHP
>> 5.6.0 rc2 (debian testing/unstable) and everything, including search,
>> is
>> working great for us.
>>
>> Have you checked your IMAP server logs to see if the authentication is
>> failing there?
>>
>> --
>> Andy Dorman
>> Ironic Design, Inc.
>> AnteSpam.com, ComeHome.net
>>
>> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is for the named person's use
>> only.
>> It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
>> information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any
>> erroneous transmission. If you receive this message in error, please
>> immediately destroy it and notify the sender. You must not, directly
>> or
>> indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, or copy any part of this
>> message
>> if you are not the intended recipient.
>>

> Dear Andy,
>
> Thanks for answering.
> The error shows up on the screen when a ADVANCED search for ALL
> FOLDERS is performed. Single folder search is working fine. Debug
> shows
> nothing...
> It is possible for you to test that? I appreciate your help.
> No error log about imp authentication. Single folder search works
> fine.
>
> Thanks
> Andre
>  Atenciosamente
>
> /André Luiz Paiz/
> /Analista de Redes/
> [...]

I can reproduce this issue if I enable the Virtual Inbox.
Single folder search and multi-selected folder search are fine.
The log says:
WARN: HORDE52 [imp] [search] Could not open mailbox "impsearch\0vinbox".
[pid xxx on line 732 of "/usr/local/www/horde52/imp/lib/Imap.php"]
(run on FreeBSD with php-5.4.30, dovecot-2.2.12)
-=-=-=-=-
Hiromi Kimura, Tandem Accelerator Complex, University of Tsukuba, JAPAN