[horde] How to upgrade to webmail-5.1.5 with PEAR (was Re: HGWE 5.1.5 and HGWE 5.2.0)

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Tue Jul 29 10:22:31 UTC 2014

On Mon, 28 Jul 2014, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

>>> Thank you.  Does it mean, I need to upgrade like
>>>
>>> pear upgrade -a -B horde/imp-6.1.8
>>> pear upgrade -a -B horde/kronolith-4.1.6
>>> pear upgrade -a -B horde/turba-4.1.5
>>> pear upgrade -a -B horde/horde-5.1.7
>>>
>>> Will these command take care of dependencies of each module with correct
>>> version?
>>>
>>> or is it also OK, if I give
>>>
>>> pear upgrade -a -B horde/webmail-5.1.5 will also do my job which also
>>> takes care of dependencies with correct versions?
>>
>> pear install -p -a horde/webmail-5.1.5 tries to install/upgrade:
>>
>> channel://pear.horde.org/horde-5.2.0
>> channel://pear.horde.org/imp-6.2.0
>> channel://pear.horde.org/ingo-3.2.0
>>
>> Hence, Jan's comment applies to each individual module and one has to avoid
>> "-a".

[cut]
>> ===============
>>
>> The individual variant does not seem to work for the very same reason:
>>
>> pear upgrade -p -a -B horde/imp-6.1.8
>> channel://pear.horde.org/imp-6.1.8
>> channel://pear.horde.org/horde-5.2.0
>>   ^^ Pulls horde-5.2.0
>>

> pear upgrade horde/imp-6.1.8 horde/kronolith-4.1.6 horde/turba-4.1.5
> horde/horde-5.1.7

Ah, the trick is to put all pear packages with version onto one command
line, thanks for this knack.

For the archive, I used:

pear upgrade   \
  horde/gollem-3.0.2 \
  horde/imp-6.1.8 \
  horde/ingo-3.1.5 \
  horde/kronolith-4.1.6 \
  horde/mnemo-4.1.3 \
  horde/nag-4.1.5 \
  horde/trean-1.1.1 \
  horde/turba-4.1.5 \
  horde/horde-5.1.7 \
  horde/webmail-5.1.5

If you pass "--alldeps", you will also upgrade, e.g. the ActiveSync
module, which current version is incompatible with H5.1.

--
Steffen