[horde] How to upgrade to webmail-5.1.5 with PEAR (was Re: HGWE 5.1.5 and HGWE 5.2.0)

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Thu Jul 31 08:03:50 UTC 2014

----- Message from Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> ---------
    Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 08:51:09 +0200 (CEST)
    From: Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>
Subject: Re: [horde] How to upgrade to webmail-5.1.5 with PEAR (was
Re: HGWE 5.1.5 and HGWE 5.2.0)
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> On Wed, 30 Jul 2014, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:
>
>> The most recent versions of all the libraries,  except for possibly Core.
>
> The first errors I got after pear upgrade --alldeps came from
> ActiveSync, because in the last version you can configure the
> storage, but v5.1.5 has no config-options for it.
>
> I was thinking about to compare the release dates of the modules and
> stick with the versions at or before 5.1.5's release time. But I had
> no time, to check that out.
>
> Also, maybe, all this is wasted time anyway and we should go for H5.2 :-)

>> (GMT-05:00) </div><div>To: horde at lists.horde.org
>> with PEAR (was Re: HGWE 5.1.5 and HGWE 5.2.0) </div><div>

>>> command

>>> That dosn't tell mee wich version of Activesync, Timeobject, Autoload, or
>>> any other, that fits into horde groupware 5.1.5
>
> --
> Steffen

----- End message from Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de> -----

That's why my suggestion to the developers was to host one more pear
server for older version and it would be easy for users to install.
As I don't know the difficulties involved in maintaining 2 pear
servers and there was no response to my request, I kept quiet.

There may be some genuine reasons for not maintaining one more pear
server for older stable version.

--
      सादर धन्यवाद/ Thanks & Regards
           अनंत / Anant