[horde] Problems composing with Basic interface

Andre Luiz Paiz andre.paiz at iqm.unicamp.br
Tue Aug 5 13:50:12 UTC 2014

  Good morning everybody,

One user reported to us that he is having issues with the basic interface
(which he prefers, don´t know why).

The problems are:
1 - Automatic spell checking. Works great in Dynamic. In basic, when the
user clicks "send", the spell checker does not perform the checking and
also the message is not sent. The New Message is still open, with the mail
content. It seems that the button send performs nothing. Sometimes it does
suggest a correction, but if I try to ignore and send the message, it does
not work.
If spell checking is disabled on preferences, the user can send mails
normally.

2 - HTML composition. The HTML controls (bold, italic, hyperlink, insert
image, etc) are not appearing. It seems that the user is typing a text
message. When I logon with my user account, the controls are fine even in
Basic. Same browser, same workstation, just different user. I also have
cleared the browser history. Firefox Browser.
I deleted the user from the horde database to identify if it was some
preference misconfigured, but it was not. When this user with problems logs
into dynamic interface, the controls are normal.

Does anyone experiences this same issues on version 5.2.0 with basic
interface?

Thanks.
  Atenciosamente

/André Luiz Paiz/