[horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Wed Aug 6 06:35:07 UTC 2014

On Tue, 5 Aug 2014, Steve Campbell wrote:

> Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 12:33:46 -0400
> From: Steve Campbell <campbell at cnpapers.com>
> To: horde at lists.horde.org
> Subject: Re: [horde] How to move a pre-4.0 database to a new server
>

> On 8/5/2014 11:23 AM, Steffen wrote:

>>> I ran through the updates on all the upgrades. When I attempt to "Update
>>> all DB schemas" from the adminstration/configuration screen, I get one
>>> error.
>>>
>>> The error indicates that object_photo does not exist in turba_objects.
>>>
>>> Does this sound familiar to anyone and is there an easy fix for this? Did
>>> I miss a step somewhere?
>>
>> OK, Horde 2 :-)
>>
>> I migrated from webmail-1.0, which is H3.
>>
>> I guess, maybe try lowest H3 version, then upgrade each step by step 3.1.x
>> -> 3.2.x -> 3.3.x. In H3 I always ran "scripts/setup.php" .
>>
>> And yes, I know this error. I migrated from webmail-1.1 to 1.2 some columns
>> had wrong types - however I use Postgres. I had to make these changed
>> manually:
>>
>> mapSqlCol turba_objects object_photo BYTEA
>> mapSqlCol turba_objects object_logo BYTEA
>> mapSqlCol horde_cache cache_data BYTEA
>> ^^ script to do the conversation - Postgres depended
>>
>> I think their original type had been TEXT. The upgrade script was unable to
>> convert them, because the in-built converter was rejected by Postgres, so
>> that columns were lost.
>>
>> Note: I never made in-between version work fully. I just run the particular
>> setup / upgrade script of the version to upgrade the database. Only the
>> very first installation (the clone of the production server) and the target
>> installation (H5) did worked. The command line setup script did all the
>> stuff.
>>
> I'm running into so many errors during the execution of the scripts. The
> first one is the "php scripts/upgrades/2008-08-29_fix_mdb2_sequences.php"
> when upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3.x. Seems that any of the php scripts are to be
> run from the horde base (the real one, not the directory downloaded and
> expanded), so a lot of path issues arise. Then there's the "Horde" instead of
> "horde" it keeps looking for.

? You have upgrade from H2 to H3.2 and now you run in script errors when
upgrading to H3.3?

Did you updated/copied over the basic config.php, the backends etc.pp. to
reflect the location and database?

Maybe, you should explain what you've did.

> I still have found where object_photo get created in the turba_objects table.
> And somewhere, the rules used for Imp users is not getting created in the
> upgrade, although I think the rules are still in the tables.

What "rules for Imp" you mean?

> At this point, I might have to just ask everyone if they can recreate their
> addressbook and rules. So frustrating.

Along with the preferences I guess.

--
Steffen