[horde] Installing Horde without PEAR?

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Sat Aug 23 20:03:09 UTC 2014

On 08/23/2014 01:21 PM, Patrik Karisch wrote:
> Am Samstag, den 23.08.2014, 19:19 +0200 schrieb Jasper Olbrich:
>> You can install with "seperate PEAR" and/or from git.
> Is seperate PEAR like installing from a tarball?

Pear and Git installs from a controlled "repository", similar to apt-get
and yum.  With Pear you have more control over where you specify the
install.  This gives you the option of installing multiple instances.

As far as Pear being dead, I found that same like when I was having
problems and felt very apprehensive as if I might be going down a dying
road.  However, I resolved to the fact that Pear is the choice
installation utility of the horde developers, so this feature won't be
dead until the developers decide to stop using it.  I'm sure at that
time they will provide and endorse a different preferred installation
method.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James