[horde] Modifying files -- best practice?

L. D. James ljames at apollo3.com
Wed Aug 27 07:18:50 UTC 2014

On 08/27/2014 02:42 AM, Michael M Slusarz wrote:
> Quoting Tim Streit <ledoktre at meanie.us>:
>
>> I know on config files, we insert '.local' into the name and put the
>> changes there, and it works.  Is this the same for ALL php files?
>
> No.  This is not a general PHP thing - it is a Horde config file thing.
>
> michael
>
> ___________________________________
> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]

I Michael.  I don't think he meant the php language.  I believe his
question was specific to the horde program.  I have the same question.
Can most (if not all) of the php files of horde be replaces with local
or just specific ones.

So far I'm only modified backends.php, conf.php, and prefs.php with locals.

By the way, I think the feature is a great provision for customization.

Thanks!

-- L. James

--
L. D. James