[horde] Successful install, cannot login (Fatal error) Suspect outdated database schemas - How to upgrade from CLI?

Louis-Philippe Allard lp.allard.1 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 21:41:46 UTC 2014

Hello

So I just rebuilt a CentOS 6.5 virtual server and installed Horde following
the instructions available on the horde/Install webpage.

All went well.  Then I configured the general settings in
horde/config/confi.php and imp/config/backends.php to use Gmail as the
login backend.

I can access Horde's login page but I cannot login.  Whatever credentials I
try, I immediately get a white page saying

A fatal error has occurredQUERY FAILED: Unknown column 'object_uid' in
'where clause' DELETE FROM horde_histories WHERE object_uid IN
('lp.allard.1 at gmail.com@logins.failed')Details have been logged for the
administrator.

Reading this message I suspect my horde database is out of date and needs
updating.  As a matter of fact, the last time I used horde was about 4
months ago (cant remember the exact horde release I was running back then
but definitekly not the current one.

Its worth mentioning that I am reusing an existing DB (mysqli) from my

How do I update the DB schemas from the command line?  SInce I cannot login
as admin, I cannot upgrade the DB schemas from the horde interface..

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks!