[horde] KitKat email clients with Horde

Torben Dannhauer torben at dannhauer.info
Fri Sep 5 12:23:34 UTC 2014

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: horde [mailto:horde-bounces at lists.horde.org] Im Auftrag von Michael J Rubinsky
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 4. September 2014 23:33
An: horde at lists.horde.org
Betreff: Re: [horde] KitKat email clients with Horde

Quoting Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>:

> Zitat von Volker Then <horde40 at volkerthen.com>:

>> Nine Android ActiveSync client update, version 1.4.2: All user
>> defined flags ("categories") are synchronized and show up on each
>> email that has such a flag. The client even shows my configured
>> vacation messages from ingo, but it doesn't show the correct start
>> and end dates. Setting up a vacation message seems to work, when no
>> start and end dates are given.
>>

> This seems to be contradictory to what is said on
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync
>
>> The only flags supported by ActiveSync are the seen and flagged for
>> follow up flags.
>
> Other flags I see supported are the replied to and forwarded flag.

The replied to and forwarded flags are not synchronized via the EAS protocol as "flags", per se.. What you are seeing is a combination of
things:

The POOMMAIL2_LASTVERBEXECUTED property contains information on the last action that may have been performed on an email. It does not have to be displayed in the UI as a flag-like item. In fact, some clients show it as text: "You forwarded this message to bob at example.com on 9/1/2014."

In addition, when an email is replied to or forwarded using a SMART request, Horde is smart enough to know that it should set an appropriate IMAP flag. If a SMART request is not done, these IMAP flags are not guaranteed to be set correctly on the Horde side (though the client may still show it as replied/forwarded since it is the client that performed the action).

As far as the categories go, they are not technically flags. They are exactly what they say: Categories. Since Horde isn't Exchange, we handle the Categories the best we can and display them as custom IMAP flags.

--
mike
The Horde Project

Mike,
Can I use this new feature on iOS? I haven’t seen anything like categories yet..

Thanks,
Torben