[horde] ingo uses wrong user for login (SOLVED)

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Wed Sep 10 15:00:49 UTC 2014

Torben Dannhauer:

> I use a hook to get the credentials to log into the sieve server:
that was the key!

here is my hook to successful connect horde/ingo and dovecot when
using mail address as horde username.

class Ingo_Hooks
{
     public function transport_auth($driver)
     {
         switch ($driver) {
         case 'timsieved':
               return array(
                   'username' => $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth(null),
                   'euser'    => $GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth(null)
               );
         }
         // DEFAULT: Use hordeauth (identical to not defining hook at all).
         return true;
     }
}

I have to set euser and username. without this hook both are send
without domainparts to dovecot.

I tried to modify ingo/lib/Transport.php. There an unset username is
filled by "$registry->getAuth('bare')"
if s/bare/full/ at least username is correct. but still euser has to
be set so I fallback to the hook above.

I'm still unsure it this behaviour is intended (OK, I don't know other
ingo backends...)
But maybe documentation could be enhanced.

https://bugs.horde.org/ticket/13558 may be closed.

Thanks,
Andreas