[horde] Horde groupware 5.2.2 upgrade...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Wed Sep 10 16:28:38 UTC 2014

...broke IMP.  I think the backend database was broken too.
I use postgresql-9.x.  I noticed that there were errors
concerning horde_prefs table in the database log and possibly
horde_users as well.

horde=# SELECT * FROM
horde_prefs;
 pref_name | pref_uid | pref_scope | pref_value
-----------+----------+------------+------------
(0 rows)

horde=# select column_name,data_type from information_schema.columns
where table_name =
'horde_prefs';
 column_name |     data_type
-------------+-------------------
 pref_name   | character varying
 pref_uid    | character varying
 pref_scope  | character varying
 pref_value  | bytea
(4 rows)

Note that I changed character to character varying in horde_prefs and
left bytea alone.

I use dovecot 2.x for imap server and have a cram-md5 password file.
Maybe I need to bite the bullet and implement transport layer security.

I can log in to horde framework okay, maybe horde_users is fine...

When I try to connect to IMP though no matter what credentials I try:

Error connecting to mail server.

I don't think IMP is even trying to do an IMAP connection...  there is
nothing in the mail logs on my mail server suggesting otherwise.

My backends.local.php file under horde/imp/config is very simple:

[root at web ~]#
cat /var/www/robinson-west.com/horde/imp/config/backends.local.php
<?php
      $servers['imap']['secure'] = false;
?>
[root at web ~]#

Another thing I've noticed, when I first log into the horde framework
there is no arrow pointing down next to Mail until I click Mail...

Thank you for your insights.

     --  Michael Robinson