[horde] Inside Horde Paper Like Hooks

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Wed Sep 17 11:11:35 UTC 2014

Zitat von Bruno Furtado <brunofurtado at brunofurtado.net>:

> List,
>
> I've found Horde Introduction and Inside Horde papers of Mr Jan Schneider
> talk during FISL 10.
>
> The Inside Horde paper has some instructions on how to request user to
> change his password on first login. Together with requesting user to fill
> his password recovery information, these "missing features" are holding the
> H3 to H5 upgrade I'd like to proceed. I've tried to adapt the instructions
> described in the paper to H5 but, as the paper is H3 oriented and much has
> changed from H3 to H5 including framework functions, I'm having some
> problems.
>
> The farest I could get is to display a notification telling the user he has
> to fill his password recovery information. But the behaviour I expect is to
> redirect the user to the forgot password preferences page. The second
> "missing feature" is the user be asked to change his password on first
> login.
>
> Some probably important informations are: The user's base is OpenLDAP and
> authentication is based on OpenLDAP. The Horde sign up is closed. And there
> is an outside Horde user registration.
>
> Could someone please point me in the right direction?
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Bruno Furtado

I guess you are talking about
http://www.horde.org/papers/fisl2009-inside_horde/source.php?file=authhook

Well, as you already found out, things have changed a lot since Horde 3.

Instead of using the $_SESSION directly, you should use the global
$session object instead.

I'm not sure what else from this hook you wasn't able to transform to
H5, so please be more specific.

--
Jan Schneider
The Horde Project