[horde] ***ed up tables

Rick Romero rick at havokmon.com
Tue Sep 23 19:47:09 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Rick Romero <rick at havokmon.com>:
>
>> Is there any way to get an actual current database schema?
>>
>> I have read/write databases, and on a replicated server Horde claimed
the
>> tables were out of date - which I assumed meant the read tables didn't
>> replicate the changes correctly.  When I applied the database update
>> change, it reverted the table version on the write server and now turba
>> claims its out of date, and the update fails because it's not out of
>> date.
>>
>> I know I'm pissy today - but I have issues with the database with every
>> Horde upgrade, and I'm damn tired of manually piecing together what the
>> database is supposed to look like because there's no damn schema
>> published
>> to make sure everything is the way it's supposed to be for the next
>> upgrade.
>>
>> *violently shaking fists at Horde databases*
>>
>> Rick
>
> Well, how about fixing your database replication, so that you don't have
> single replications getting out of sync? Out of sync database schemas
> may only be the tip of the iceberg, who knows how much data is already
> stale on that slave.

I think it was actually an older Horde/IMP version that threw me.
Multiple installs, one out of sync.  I assume the code for a table version
check is != instead of a >=  ?

So let's presume everything is in order.  I can't click 'db update'
without an error.  I should trudge through the code comparing diffs
instead of referring to a simple structure for 'release x'?

That's like doing a single full backup on January 1st, and then doing daily
incrementals. Doing a full restore on October 30th is gonna suck.

\o/