[horde] I might be missing something?

Tim Streit ledoktre at meanie.us
Mon Oct 20 22:18:00 UTC 2014

Greetings Jan,

I understand there might not be any standards out there for notes (similarly as CardDav to Contacts).  Thats why I thought I might be missing something.   Apple products tend to put notes in an IMAP folder called “Notes”, and it works well across the board if using all Apple products.  Microsoft has no solution unless using Exchange.

Where the conundrum enters into play here is this :

- If I store the notes using Apple’s way, I can have access to everything on all devices, provided I am using IMAP, not Active Sync.  Also, Horde will not see the Notes folder except as an email folder.
- If I forgo the IMAP way and roll with the Notes the way Horde has it setup, it works great on Active Sync and Horde both.  I can use Active Sync on the mobile devices and that works fine too.  But on the desktop, there is no Active Sync capability, so no success.

I meant no disrespect in asking, I just thought I might be overlooking something and perhaps someone else had been down this road before and may be able to shed some light.

I haven’t looked into it in any detail yet, but I’m wondering if SyncML would cover the notes on the desktop….

Thanks,

Tim