[horde] Mnemo driver

Tim Streit ledoktre at meanie.us
Mon Oct 27 13:18:22 UTC 2014

Good morning everyone,

As was previously discussed on this list about Mnemo — there is no Notes standard out there like there is for Calendar (CalDav).  So its really up in the air what to do — and presently Mnemo stores it in its own table in the database, and it works well.  No argument there.  A lot of my users however own Apple products.

So…. a quick question related to Mnemo and its drivers.  I am inquiring about a couple of things.

1.  Kolab as we all know stores everything in IMAP folders.  Notes, Tasks, Calendar, etc.  My Apple customers would all be much happier if we stored Notes in IMAP rather than the Horde Database.  What configuration would it take to use Kolab drivers to configure Notes only to be stored in an IMAP folder?  Such that the Mnemo app would function, ActiveSync would function, etc using the “Notes” IMAP folder?

2.  If that is not possible without fully installing Kolab, then my next question is, I assume then that it would take a custom driver to achieve this functionality then — so what would that take to get a custom driver programmed for Mnemo so that this functionality was an option?

I am sure that if it were put to a vote, there would be a number of users who would at least like the option of doing this.  While there may not be a standard, Apple has had a big hand in CardDAV and CalDAV, and I think that given Apples user base, putting notes in the Notes IMAP folder is the closest thing we have got right now to a standard.  It should at least be an option.

Thanks,

Tim