[horde] HTML Editor not loading

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Oct 29 20:15:36 UTC 2014

On 10/29/2014 02:42 PM, Henning wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have tried to solve a problem with the HTML Mode in the Message compose
> window on a friends Horde installation. Everything seems to work fine except
> when one tries to enable the HTML Mode. The writing area "dims" and the
> are no errors even when waiting long enough. He is using the debian horde
> packages in a "stable" debian installation. I have cleared the horde caches,
> turned off caching, cleared browser caches. With maximum logging neither
> Apache log, PHP log, Syslog and Horde log show any kind of error. Horde´s
> test.php does not show any errors. I have checked file permissions on the js
> files. If I use his browser and log into my horde installation the HTML Mode
> works fine so there are no apparent limits on javascript he might have
> turned on in the browser. I am completely out of ideas where to look. Has
> anyone had a similar problems or any pointers what might be going wrong.
>
> Regards
>
> Henning

The HTML editor is ckeditor which is written in javascript and loaded
after the compose window is opened.

If your server uses the Debian package for ckeditor, there is a problem
with that package at the moment.  I saw some email between the Debian
Horde maintainer and the Debian ckeditor maintainer a few days ago
talking about this.  I would expect a repaired package to be released soon.

You can confirm this is your problem by watching the javascript console
log (hit F12 to open a debugger if you have firebug installed) when you
open the compose window.

If you see a http 404, file not found error for /core/loader.js
then you have the Debian package problem for ckeditor.

If you are sure that ckeditor is being loaded, then I have no idea what
the problem could be.

--
Andy Dorman