[horde] Displaying Chinese in Horde in Firefox

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 6 23:09:43 UTC 2014

Please keep discussions on the mailing list.

Quoting Jianli Chen <chen at csr.utexas.edu>:

> It doesn't seem to be browser (current Firefox)'s problem. I can
> display the content correctly when open it in a new window in the
> same browser, but just cannot see it in the Horde default window.
> BTW, I indeed do not have the problem with Chrome, though.

It is a browser issue.  Most likely you have the default/preferred
encoding for pages set for something other than UTF-8 (probably
ISO-8859-1).

Firefox has supported UTF-8 forever, so that's why you see the content
fine when we deliver the page while ignoring the browser's preferred
encoding.

Chrome almost certainly has UTF-8 encoding set by default, which is
why it displays correctly there.

michael