[horde] Directory problem with horde alarms

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 21:36:07 UTC 2014

On 21-11-2014 13:57, Jan Schneider wrote:
> Zitat von Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com>:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 6:53 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>

>>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>>  The cronjob is not using the same configuration that you used for
>>>>

>>> *PEAR* configuration, that is.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jan Schneider
>>> The Horde Project
>>> http://www.horde.org/
>>> https://www.facebook.com/hordeproject
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> Thanks Jan,  can you however clarify how to setup the cronjob pear
>> environment properly? Is there a wiki entry for this?  Finally,
>> shouldn't
>> this done by the install script?
>> Sounds highly unusual to have to setup something like that after a
>> framework is installed, that is, without this occurrence being
>> documented
>> or indicated anywhere..
>>
>> Just trying to make this work without errors and help improve Horde's
>> user-friendliness!

I assume your the cron job run as root. So you should check as root (not
using sudo) what is the php_dir option configured to in PEAR:

Example:

root at myserver:~# pear config-show

PEAR directory                 php_dir          /usr/share/php

You must have something wrong there. You can fix it using the command
pear config-set, like this:

root at myserver:~# pear config-set php_dir /usr/share/php

But remember to run it as root (not just using sudo), in order to get ir
right.

Hope it helps.