[horde] Directory problem with horde alarms

Luis Felipe Marzagao lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 22:57:20 UTC 2014

On 22-11-2014 18:56, Louis-Philippe Allard wrote:
>  Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> the

>> I assume your the cron job run as root. So you should check as root (not
>> using sudo) what is the php_dir option configured to in PEAR:
>>
>> Example:
>>
>> root at myserver:~# pear config-show

>> PEAR directory                 php_dir
> /usr/share/php

>> You must have something wrong there. You can fix it using the command
>> pear config-set, like this:
>>
>> root at myserver:~# pear config-set php_dir /usr/share/php
>>
>> But remember to run it as root (not just using sudo), in order to get ir
>> right.
>>
>> Hope it helps.

>>> You either run the script as a different user than the one you used for
>>> installing Horde (or rather: for configuring the horde_dir
>>> configuration setting via the Horde_Role post-install script), and one
>>> of these users has a custom PEAR configuration. See user configuration
>>> in the PEAR docs.
>>> Or you specified a custom configuration or configuration file during
>>> the Horde installation, and failed to pass the same configuration when
>>> running the script. This is documented in the install docs.
>>
>> --
>
> Hello Luis Felipe, funny we have the same first name but mine is in
> french
> ;)

Heheh, sure thing. Mine is a "portuguese-brazilian" version of yours
(which is the name of the King).

> Your instructions helped.  After I set the Pear path properly to
> "/usr/share/php" and fixed the crontab entry to be run as root instead as
> apache, it started working just fine.

Glad it is working!

> When I installed horde webmail I was logged on as root and executed the
> commands as root... Probably not recommended ...

Hum, but if you weren't logged in as root, I don't think you would've
been able to complete the installation process. So I guess this was not
the problem. For some reason your php_dir option got messed up. But you
have fixed it.

> Thanks again!

Cheers.