[horde] No Download to Smartphone

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Dec 4 20:30:35 UTC 2014

> Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> ----- Nachricht von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
>>  Datum: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 16:05:07 -0700
>>    Von: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
>> Betreff: Re: [horde] No Download to Smartphone
>>     An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Where does it say this?  And what action are you doing?
>>
>> I have set the permission to download for attachments set in the
>> horde admin tool for activesync.
>> Then I created an exchange account on my HTCm8, and while at the
>> airport I received my boarding pass via mail and was astonished as
>> in the mail it said it cannot download the attachment because the
>> server is set not to allow, in my smartphones email application.
>> In this mail I also am not allowed to view images.
>>
>> The phone is rooted and runs a 4.4.4 kitkat rom.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Andreas
>
> Please create a ticket on bugs.horde.org along with a sync log
> created during the initial provisioning process.

I can verify that this permission works as expected on all of my test
devices, including a kitkat ROM. Are you sure you didn't just add the
permission to the tree, but forgot to actually enable the permission?
The checkbox should be checked if you want attachments to be enabled -
or better yet, if you don't want to DISABLE attachments for anyone,
just don't add the permission.

--
mike
The Horde Project