[horde] horde/passwd

Anton Köstlbacher horde3 at dingsbums.org
Tue Dec 9 14:22:43 UTC 2014

Am 09.12.2014 um 11:32 schrieb Jan Schneider:

> Zitat von Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:
>
>> Hello Horders,
>>
>> my installation of horde (5.2.4) works great but i'm still trying to
>> improve configuration if possible.
>>
>> I switched horde auth from imp+imap to sql-auth with custom queries
>> against my postfix/dovecot mailbox db and entered all necessary
>> queries. Works like a charm.
>>
>> Then I installed horde passwd to enable customers to change passwords.
>> If I set backend to "hordeauth" in
>> webmail/passwd/config/backends.local.php and try to change the
>> password, it doesn't work. I get logged out, but password stays the same.
>>
>> Questions:
>>
>> Do I have to set "sql" as backend for passwd and enter the same
>> queries as in horde conf or what else could be wrong?
>
> No, should work as you have set it up.

Seems the parameter \O ("old password") in my update query does not get
populated correctly.

My update query:

$conf['auth']['params']['query_update'] = 'UPDATE mailbox SET password =
\P WHERE username = \L AND password = \O';

Actual query in debug log:

2014-12-09T12:37:02+01:00 DEBUG: HORDE [passwd] SQL  (0,0012s)
         UPDATE mailbox SET password = 'mynewpassword'
           WHERE username = 'adress at domain.de' AND password =
           'adress at domain.de' [pid 29191 on line 208 of
"/usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Pdo/Base.php"]

>> How can I force users to change their passwords on first login and
>> also after a defined period of time?
>
> Contrary to the SQL or LDAP driver, the CustomSQL driver doesn't support
> password expiration (yet).

Ok, I see. Sponsoring possible? Just write an email, if interested.

Regards,
Anton