[horde] pb with load of apache

Service Informatique IF ifinfo at ujf-grenoble.fr
Fri Dec 12 13:42:41 UTC 2014

 >Zitat von Service Informatique IF <ifinfo at ujf-grenoble.fr>:
 >
 >> Hi,
 >>
 >> Sorry for my English but I will try to explain you the problem i have.
 >>
 >> My server which serve only Horde5 for 50users max (KVM : 4procs
 >> bi-core, 4Go ram) - and mysql is on another server, has a load
 >> average of 3-4 and only with apache processes.(ubuntu 12)
 >> I think I have max 20 users simultaneously
 >> FYI, mysql server load is 0.3 so I think it's not a pb from the
mysql server.

 >> For reading or writing mails, it's not a problem, but for using
 >> kronolith, we have to wait 10-20s to save a new event or modify one.
 >>
 >> And with lightning by caldav, 50s to synchronise a calendar with 30
 >> events (one is recurrent weekly)
 >>
 >> I follow this page :
 >> http://www.horde.org/apps/horde/docs/PERFORMANCE
 >> but nothing better
 >>
 >> And I have nothing in Horde log.
 >>
 >> Thanks in advance for your help.
 >
 >Try profiling the requests, see xdebug.org.
 >
 >--
 >Jan Schneider

Thanks for your advice : I see many call
     'Horde_Hooks->prefs_init' -> '/var/www/config/hooks.local.php' ->
php:shell_exec -> ldapsearch (400 calls)

I use this hook :
http://wiki.horde.org/LDAPHooksHorde5

So, it seems this hook is called even for rpc event (I deactivated the
hook, and for Lightning with CalDav, it's quasi immediate - 2sec )

is it a possibility to optimize my hook ?

thank you