[horde] Trouble installing Horde

Erling Preben Hansen erling at eph.dk
Sat Dec 27 13:47:28 UTC 2014

  Citat af Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> On 27-12-2014 10:28, Roland Clemens Gutsch wrote:
>> Hi @all and thanks for all the help.
>> I did not succeed to install Horde on Ubuntu, so I installed Debian
>> Wheezy and that sorted the problem.
>>
>> I do not know what the problem with Ubuntu is, but I just needed a
>> mailserver and did not want to upgrade Ubuntu.
>>
>> PS: I do not know about the -Z option, it was a suggestion on this list.
>
> -Z option in pear means the files will be uncompressed when they are
> downloaded. This is necessary in Ubuntu 14.04 due to a bug. It's a
> workaround in order to use pear correctly untill this bug get fixed.
>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> Roland

>>> What does the -Z option do???  Watch out if you are using Apache
2.4.x,
>>> the syntax has changed since Apache 2.2.x.  I just checked my custom
>>> install of pear, there doesn't seem to be a -Z option.
>>>
>>> 2.2.x:
>>>
>>> order allow,deny
>>> allow from all
>>>
>>> 2.4.x:
>>>
>>> Require all granted
>>>
>>> The changes to Apache's config file makes it hard to get webalizer
>>> working as well.

  Hey

Now you need to trace the error back.

  Enable horde log debug.
In administration -> logging set to debug.

You need to enable logging in mysql as well. If that is your backend.
in /etc/mysql/my.cnf
general_log_file        = /var/log/mysql/mysql.log
general_log             = 1

  Follow the error back.
apache log > horde.log > rewrite.log > mysql.log (or whatever backend you
are using).
keep an eye on your php.log too.
somewhere in that chain something is wrong.

  When you find it ask again and sure someone has had it before.
We can't help before we have something to look for.

If you have everything in place as described in the link I added.
And your apache config is right.
We should be able to help if your logs show anything.

so TFA. Trace Find Ask.

/erling