[horde] Sending Mails with ActiveSync and TLS

Christopher Neuhaus cne at ruhrverband.de
Mon Dec 29 15:30:59 UTC 2014

Hello!

"Server does not support TLS connections." is logged in ActiveSync-log
if I will send a message over ActiveSync (Horde_ActiveSync 2.23.0).
Horde.log doesn´t show anything.

This is the server in my imps backends.local.php. From here, I get my
mails over ActiveSync on my android (4.4.4).

$servers['mailserver'] = array(
'disabled' => false,
'name' => The Mail Server',
'hostspec' => 'mailserver.example.com',
'hordeauth' => true,
'protocol' => 'imap',
'port' => 143,
'secure' => 'tls',
'maildomain' => 'example.com',
'smtphost' => 'mailserver.example.com',
'smtpport' => 587,
'cache' => false,
//'namespace' => array('#nsmail/'),
//'preferred' => true,
);

.. and from horde´s shell, TLS works fine:

telnet mailserver.example.com 587
Trying 10.1.2.4...
Connected to mailserver.example.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mailserver.example.com ESMTP Postfix
EHLO mailserver
250-mailserver.example.com
250-PIPELINING
250-SIZE
250-VRFY
250-ETRN
250-STARTTLS
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8BITMIME
250 DSN
220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS

Connection closed by foreign host.

"'secure' => false," for sending without TLS doesn´t change the logged
message.
Has someone the same problem in horde 5.2.3?

Best Regards

Christopher
---