[horde] Avatar

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sat Jan 3 22:27:26 UTC 2015

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Borja Riesgo Juan <borjariesgo at gmail.com>:
>
>> Hello
>> i´m a gmail user. each day i receive thousands of emails with an avatar of
>> th perosn who sends the email. is iit possible to configure it in horde
>> email server?
>
> #1 - you would have to setup authentication to Google+.  We don't
> have this at the moment (it would be similar to Facebook and twitter
> integration).
> But more important, #2 - AFAIK there is no way to tie e-mail
> addresses to a Google+ profile.  So it is not possible to display an
> image of a sender without knowing their Google+ ID.  (This is
> similar to Facebook).

I'm not so sure #2 is not possible. From several people on the Horde
mailinglist, I see avatars which definitly are not coming from my
address book (for instance, Eduardo Jiménez) in the Nine client.
Granted, these seem all to be people using Gmail sender addresses, but
for those it should be possible (though I have no idea how Nine does
this).