[horde] nginx dynamic view problem?

A. Schulze sca at andreasschulze.de
Sat Jan 10 14:23:47 UTC 2015

Ruud Baart:

> Your configuration works but active sync does not work anymore.
sure, I don't use it.

> in the section location / I added the lines from my previous
> configuration in which activesync worked as it should:
>
>       rewrite_log on;
>       rewrite ^/Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync(.*)$ /rpc.php$1 last;
>       rewrite ^/[Aa]utodiscover/[Aa]utodiscover.xml /rpc.php;
this is apache way to solve a problem. I suggest reading
http://nginx.org/en/docs/http/converting_rewrite_rules.html

in nginx it should look like this:
(the order locations appear in nginx.conf does not matter)

location / {
}

location /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync {
   alias /path/to/horde/rpc.php;
   fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
   $usual fcgi_arguments
}

location /autodiscover/autodiscover.xml {
   # same as above ...
}

you could repeat the last block 4 times in different cases to avoid
regex matching on every request
No idea if it's worth. But maybe somebody could measure the difference
once he has a running setup.

feel free to extend http://wiki.horde.org/webserver/nginx

Andreas