[horde] horde_prefs table doesn't exist...

Michael Robinson plug_1 at robinson-west.com
Thu Jan 15 00:13:17 UTC 2015

> > I'm trying to figure
> > out if I have the permission to create the table, but I'm not terribly
> > familiar with MariaDB.
>
> That's outside the scope of Horde. I suggest to read up on either
> PostgreSQL or MySQL/MariaDB to get familiar with creating databases
> and granting access permissions to database users.

Outside the scope of horde?  Don't the developers of horde work with
these databases nearly every single day?  I thought postgresql was
considered an advanced database choice, so I switched for preferences
only to mariadb which is an equivalent to mysql.  I'm currently trying
to set up myPhpAdmin, but that requires adding mysql support to php on
my backend server which involves a recompile of php-5.6.0.  I'm finding
documentation for MariaDB incredibly hard to groke.  I have a simple
question of where are the log files so I can watch what is happening and
see what the responses are on a transaction by transaction basis, heck
of a time googling trying to get an answer for that.  Hopefully, if
there is a permissions and ownership issue, phpMyAdmin will help me fix
that.  I can say using mysql from the command line on my horde server,
I've been able to hook to the backend mariadb server to create and
delete a table as horde.

The oddity of this problem, I'm sure someone else is running into it, is
that all of the tables except for horde_prefs get created in the
postgresql database.  Strange after changing the database and apparently
having the permissions correct that I can't get a horde_prefs table
using MariaDB either.  There might be a bug in horde-5.2.3 preventing
the creation of the horde_prefs table.  This severely impacts the
utility of the framework as you lose important preferences every
time you log out.

I've ruled out having old versions of any of the horde framework
components.