[horde] Two Really Dumb Questions About Horde 5.2.1 Portal Blocks

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Jan 15 13:56:12 UTC 2015

On 01/15/2015 02:56 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Andy Dorman <adorman at ironicdesign.com>:
>>
>>> 1. How do you configure Horde to switch immediately to Imp after
>>> login?  I have set Horde's prefs.local.php with
>>>
>>> $_prefs['initial_application']['value'] = 'imp';
>>>
>>> But all that seems to do is pre-select Imp in the user's Horde
>>> Display Preferences->Display Options->What application should
>>> FanMailPlus display after login?
>>
>> No... that is the correct preference.
>>
>> Only thing I can think of is that you have an authentication backend
>> other than "application" (imp) configured.
>
> But why would this preference depend on the authentication method? That
> doesn't make much sense.

Now that we know that was the issue, I think I remember this being
explained a couple of years ago this way:

It apparently has to do with the sequence of authentication and the fact
that you have to have authenticated with the app before you can open it.
  So if you want to open Imp BEFORE Horde, you need to let it complete
it's auth process first.

That is a really poor explanation based on my poor memory of what was
actually said, and of course that explanation breaks down if someone
wants to open their calendar (Kronolith) first instead of the horde
portal.  ;-)

Regardless, I will be happy to edit the wiki to mention this "linkage"
between starting with a different app and authenticating with Imp as
soon as I do some more experimenting to get more information (for
example, does this linkage hold for the other aps?  Do I have to auth
through Imp to start with Trean?).

The Horde conf.xml file, where you set up the config form for this
particular value, should probably also be edited to add a note about
this.  I will also post a bug report with suggested wording for a note
after I learn more about it.

--
Andy Dorman